• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HELP! What tonearm is this? Jelco?

Mr_Technics

New Member
I recently purchased a Russco tonearm board for my turntable and it had what appeared to be a broken tonearm attached to it. Turns out it was not broken. It just needed reassembled and rewired. Now that I have it back in working order I am really curious what it is. I have searched all over the internet but can not find anything. Does anyone recognize this arm? I think it is "Russco Era". The tonearm board seems to be factory drilled for the arm. The headshell is not original.IMG_2191.jpg
It also had this tonearm lift.
IMG_2192.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Looks like a relative of the Jelco 250 BV, but flare in the picture makes details hard to discern. And it lacks the decorative top plate on the pivot, so hard to be sure.
Your cuing platform appears badly bent.
 
I would say it is not a Jelco. However, Jelco did build tonearms for other table companies, so who knows. I have never seen this arm before.
 
The clearer pictures show the parts I wondered about, so I'm pretty sure it is a Jelco. The cuing mechanism is in your hand, not in the platform, and the arm rest is completely missing, but the set up is clearly the same as in the Jelco 250 BV. The top of the pivot block looks different, but my guess is that there was a decorative plastic cap that is missing.
 
Back
Top Bottom