• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help with 1180DC problems!

AFAIK that whole series runs hot. I know my restored 1122DC is like a little toaster oven once it gets going. Not quite of course but runs warmer than something like a 2230, etc.
 
Looking good !
I'd be a bit worried about ventilation...or does the 1180dc not get hot ?

Yeah, good point. It does get a bit warm on the right side, where all the power transistors are located. The back of the bookshelf is open but I probably shouldn't jam all those records in beside it.
 
I use a small stripped from a computer cooler fan on top of mine when in operation.


Barney
 
Hey
I've been known to use a fan on mine as well.
I also had an intermittent channel on mine but I've been lucky and a vigorous exercising of the controls clears it up until the next time.
Good lookin pair.Eric
 

Attachments

  • 20121231_002431.jpg
    20121231_002431.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I cleared some space for air flow on the top and side. I might end up putting the amp on top, but the tuner is so pristine I would hate to scratch or dent the top plate.

This amp doesn't run super hot and I rarely push it hard, so I am not too worried.

Marantz_spacers.jpg
 
Hey
I've been known to use a fan on mine as well.
I also had an intermittent channel on mine but I've been lucky and a vigorous exercising of the controls clears it up until the next time.
Good lookin pair.Eric

Nice pair yourself!
 
Still grooving on the fantastic sound of this amp. Currently blasting Scriabin's 'Poem of Ecstasy'.

(knocking wood) It looks like the long nightmare of the intermittent channel is over.
 
Back
Top Bottom