• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help with AU7900

Promo

New Member
I have an AU7900 I bought new in 1976. I have been using an Adcom GFP
710 and GFA5500 but wanted to hear what it would sound like to use the AU7900 as a preamp through the GFA5500. Unfortunately, when I use the separation switch on the back and connect Pre Out on Saunsui to the GFA5500 all I get is a loud rumble. Any ideas? Anyone out there willing and able to repair my AU7900? I currently reside in the Toledo, OH area. Any help out there? Feel free to PM me.
 
Register to hide this ad
Ground loop problem maybe?? Dunno...if I heard it maybe I could identify it.

Might also be a dodgy pre/main switch. You might try cleaning it.
 
probably a dirty separation switch. My Kenwood KA-9150 suffered the same(garbled channel), untill EW told me to clean that switch with contact cleaner. :yes:
 
Thanks for your help. I will clean the switch and see if that does it. Everything else works perfectly and frankly, even if I get the pre-amp separated I am not sure I'm going to like it through the Adcom amp as much as I like listening to the AU7900 as an integrated amp.
 
Back
Top Bottom