• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Help with I.D. of 60's speakers....

saltwater

Super Member
Another craigslist add, went and looked at them. Old man said he had them for years. I was originally hoping for a 2 way vintage speaker. But got a speaker full of realistic drivers. Also the legs were not always mounted like they are in the pic, they were orig longways. ( he moved them)

Theres was one Jensen horn in one. Which leads me to believe they are jensen, but can anyone for sure I.d them.

Also maybe point me in a direction of finding suitable drivers to put in them?

It is a ported box.
 

Attachments

  • speakers.jpg
    speakers.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 162
Register to hide this ad
I doubt they were factory built cabinets, although I really can't tell much from the picture. Many DIY speaker builders used Realistic drivers and Jensen horns. It was common.
 
Wha???

Dude, I don't have a clue. Is that a 2x8" configuration with no tweeter? 2x6"? Are there coaxial drivers (full-range) in there?
 
Interesting, kinda looks like my Jensen orphan.
DSCN1085.jpg
 
Here is some pictures fellas. looks like a 8" and a 6" driver would work, or what they did for the horn.
 

Attachments

  • jensen5.jpg
    jensen5.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 24
  • jensen4.jpg
    jensen4.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 42
  • jensen 3.jpg
    jensen 3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 53
  • jensen2.jpg
    jensen2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 47
  • jensen1.jpg
    jensen1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 33
  • jensen6.jpg
    jensen6.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 21
With my minimalist attempt at research, it does kind of resemble a Heathkit ss1. None the less, seems like a decent speaker when made. Wonder if I should try to find the correct drivers.
 
Back
Top Bottom