KnoxVegas
New Member
Hello, This is my first post. I have been collecting Vintage Audio Gear for only a few months now so please forgive my Ignorance about some things. I am looking to buy a pair of JBL 4343's WX (Alnico Model) from the second owner. The Seller is a really Nice Guy but we have a bit of a language barrier as he Sounds to be Asian. He has sent me plenty of pics and they seem to be in almost Mint or I'll say 8 out of 10 condition and have sequential serial numbers. He told me he sent them to "Simply Speakers" to have the Woofers ReFoamed with their JBL ReCone Kit and remagnetized......My question is, Does this affect the value of the these speakers from a collectors standpoint? I'm not sure if he is telling me the woofers were reconed as well or if they only used the recone kit to refoam them only. If they have been Re-coned with the JBL Kit, does that affect value as well? Also from what I've read...They should have the 2121 Mid Bass Drivers and 2231 Woofers. He told me they do have all original speakers, Tweeters parts etc.......Is there Anything else I should ask? Any help is much appreciated.
















