• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help with Kenwood A76 amp

jjbarnes

Member
Hi to everyone from across the pond. I need a bit of assistance with an A76 from you learned ones. I was given a couple of pieces and this A 76 is one of them. I hooked it up with speakers, turntable and tape deck, phone . Tried them seperately but no sound unless I turn the volume up full and can just about hear the music. This is the same for the headphone socket. The tuner/cd/phono/aux light up on the display but all rca sockets on the back on the back appear to have no sound. There are a lot of connections on the back which I dont really know what they are. I wonder if this was a part of a stack system and needs a graphic equaliser? Is there a mute button that I have missed? I thought that I could just try it as a stand alone amp. Any help would be greatfully received. TIA

Update: Thank you you all so much for your invaluable advice and guidance. You really are stars. I have got the amp working, albeit no remote. It sounds very good. I used two old rca leads that I found. The back is awash with wires. Needs tidying up. Respect to you all. Thank you again
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
You likely need to patch between the adaptor in and out jacks, The symbol on the back looks like jumpers are required.
 
Last edited:
Mr barnes, post a couple pics of the back will help you greatly.

Front pic will help too. My guess is the tape monitor button.

I'd probably not turn it on full. You don't want to blow it up.

I didn't see any jumpers needed in a pic from an eBay listing
 
I believe the set that that unit was part of, came standard with had an equalizer (which plugged into the adaptor jacks). Without the equalizer you need to patch across the adaptor jacks with a patch cord or jumpers.
 
That makes sense jumpers for the EQ.

The pic I saw didn't have them connected either.
 
Hi to everyone from across the pond. I need a bit of assistance with an A76 from you learned ones. I was given a couple of pieces and this A 76 is one of them. I hooked it up with speakers, turntable and tape deck, phone . Tried them seperately but no sound unless I turn the volume up full and can just about hear the music. This is the same for the headphone socket. The tuner/cd/phono/aux light up on the display but all rca sockets on the back on the back appear to have no sound. There are a lot of connections on the back which I dont really know what they are. I wonder if this was a part of a stack system and needs a graphic equaliser? I thought hat I could just try it as a stand alone amp. Anyhelpwouldbe greatfully received. TIA

Mr barnes, post a couple pics of the back will help you greatly.

Front pic will help too. My guess is the tape monitor button.

I'd probably not turn it on full. You don't want to blow it up.

I didn't see any jumpers needed in a pic from an eBay listing
You likely need to patch between the adaptor in and out jacks, The symbol on the back looks like jumpers are requir
I believe the set that that unit was part of, came standard with had an equalizer (which plugged into the adaptor jacks). Without the equalizer you need to patch across the adaptor jacks with a patch cord or jumpers.
Thank you. Not sure what patch cord/jumpers are and which are the adaptor jacks. Could you enlighten me please Bob?
 

Attachments

  • IMG20260917093533.jpg
    IMG20260917093533.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20260917093556.jpg
    IMG20260917093556.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20260917093614.jpg
    IMG20260917093614.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG20260917093619.jpg
    IMG20260917093619.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20260917093626.jpg
    IMG20260917093626.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1
Mr barnes, post a couple pics of the back will help you greatly.

Front pic will help too. My guess is the tape monitor button.

I'd probably not turn it on full. You don't want to blow it up.

I didn't see any jumpers needed in a pic from an eBay listing
Thanks Ricki. I have posted some photos. Not sure what jumpers are yet.
 
I believe the set that that unit was part of, came standard with had an equalizer (which plugged into the adaptor jacks). Without the equalizer you need to patch across the adaptor jacks with a patch cord or jumpers.
You likely need to patch between the adaptor in and out jacks, The symbol on the back looks like jumpers are required.
Thank you. Sorted Bob
 
Back
Top Bottom