• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help with Onkyo A 7040 amp & Onkyo TX-2000 Receiver

danconway327

Active Member
I already own the Onkyo TX-2000 Receiver and would like to know if the Onkyo A 7040 amp is a good match for it. if not can you suggest something that is.

Thanks Dan

I want everything louder than everything else. Ian Gillan
 
Register to hide this ad
Well, yes you are in the correct forum.

Your question seems a bit vague, and there could be several meanings, but here goes.

Your receiver is most likely the bottom of the line receiver outputting around 30 watts per channel. The A-7040 was the lowest wattage integrated amp of that series, 50W or so, that also included the 7070 and the beastly 7090. I had one several years ago, along with the matching T-4040 (?) tuner. I presently have the preceeding series set, the A-7 and T-9 tuner. I think all Onkyos of that vintage were well built and punched above their specs.

In other words, as far as the amplificaton goes, the integrated wins.

In another sense, as far as matching the receiver to the amp, the receiver has no pre-amp outs and the integrated has no main-ins. I guess you could connect the tape out of the receiver to the tape in of the amp, but you are only going to be able to use the am/fm section of the receiver. If that's what you're thinking, you would be best in looking for the matching tuner that I spoke of earlier.

Many see no future in and/or have no access to acceptable radio broadcasts. I'm not in that boat as there are several quality FM stations in the area, and most of my listening is to the local college station.

Hope this helps, and good luck.
 
Back
Top Bottom