• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help with Sanyo TP 825d

dudefromla

Active Member
So I purchased one of my favorite tables the Sanyo TP 825d off the bay and the seller packed it well and it arrived with no issues but...
it won't turn off when returned to the arm rest, so it's always on when plugged in. Reject button doesn't work either. I downloaded the service Manuel from VE but it might as well be written in Cyrillic as knowledgeable as I am and have heard others talk of just cleaning the pots but does anybody have any experience with this deck or any other suggestions?
Do I have to open it up, remove bottom to get to pots properly?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give for this electronically challenged music lover
 
Register to hide this ad
Most likely it's a small switch inside that either needs cleaning or possibly a slight adjustment to it's position. Or the arm is not returning quite far enough or forcefully enough to trip the switch.

Cleaning pots has nothing to do with it. Those are usually only related to speed. You will have to open it up to investigate.
 
The switch I'm referring to is part # 85 in the SM. You will find it under the tonearm roughly, black and possibly red about 1" x 1/2" with wires. ;) Spray into that with a tiny bit of contact cleaner and work it several times. That might do it.
 
The switch I'm referring to is part # 85 in the SM. You will find it under the tonearm roughly, black and possibly red about 1" x 1/2" with wires. ;) Spray into that with a tiny bit of contact cleaner and work it several times. That might do it.
Thanks for your help sir I will give that a try.
 
So I cleaned up and put my M97XE on the Hitachi headshell and this deck sounds even better than the Hitachi PS-58. I knew there was a reason I loved this deck but there are some issues.
No auto return, on/off not working, I'm hearing something coming through the speakers probably just needs lubed and the speed adjustments pots may need cleaning although they're not affecting sound. Really minor I think issues so into the shop it goes this weekend but ya I still love this deck.
 
Add me to the TP-825D fan club, lovely tt.
However, whilst I am happy to play mine manually, I would love to get the auto mechanism to work again properly again.
Nothing I've tried so far has been successful, have it open on the table for the 2nd time right now.

It seems the auto mechanism does work fine, when given a hand to start. However, the lug on the spindle doesn't seem to deliver enough force to kick off the process by itself.
So I'm suspecting old grease gunked up somewhere underneath the mechanism, but not sure how to access it. Will persevere,
Hopefully that makes sense to someone who has one of these, any tips welcome.
 
Add me to the TP-825D fan club, lovely tt.
However, whilst I am happy to play mine manually, I would love to get the auto mechanism to work again properly again.
Nothing I've tried so far has been successful, have it open on the table for the 2nd time right now.

It seems the auto mechanism does work fine, when given a hand to start. However, the lug on the spindle doesn't seem to deliver enough force to kick off the process by itself.
So I'm suspecting old grease gunked up somewhere underneath the mechanism, but not sure how to access it. Will persevere,
Hopefully that makes sense to someone who has one of these, any tips welcome.
Wish I was more knowledgeable in the repair Dept to help but that'd why I'm just gonna let somebody else look into it.
Not being any kind of expert it's hard yo explain what it is about this TT but from the minute I hooked up the one I originally had I knew it was the best TT I had owned. Really happy to have another one again.
 
Exact same thing happening with mine. Logic tells me that adjusting the tonearm pick up raising position should fix this. Referring to the service manual, it says "Turn screw (A) clockwise to move outwards and counterclockwise to move inwards.) But nowhere in the service manual does it say where the hell Screw (A) is.

Typically, the adjusting screw is in a hole near the base of the tonearm, but not on the 825.
 
Back
Top Bottom