• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help with suggestions for replacement Technics feet (SL-1300)

Adam88

New Member
I have an SL-1300 that was purchased with its original feet gone (pictured). The turntable rests on four iso pads, which the seller had kindly furnished, but I would like to restore it, if nothing else, for aesthetics. I've searched on eBay for 1300 feet, but to no avail, and was wondering if there are aftermarket parts, or perhaps compatible parts from 1200 or other models that are more accessible.

Many thanks in advance.

20181007_072623.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Here's a reply I found from an old AK thread asking the same question:

"The SL 1300-1500 series have a nut on the opposite side of the foot, they don't screw into the base, so you can even buy OEM SL 1200 feet, enlarge the hole in the plastic base (the SL 1200 screws are larger) and buy nuts that will fit the SL 1200 foot and you are good to go. I usually buy feet for other old Techincs, even belt drives and just buy small nuts at Home Depot that fit the screw on the feet."

jeff
 
Those SL-1200 feet are going for big bucks these days.

That an original SL-1300? There's a set of SL-1500 feet on eBay right now.
 
I need to replace the feet on mine, I emailed Kevin @ KAB, He said I would need to install 6mm inserts for the 1200 feet to work. Inserts can be had off ebay for cheap. Are any of the aftermarket cheaper feet any good? Thy usually sell 4 for $60

Also asking 1300 owners. With having no VTA adjustment, would it be wise to get a thinner mat, so there could be some adjust ability with shims? I think stock rubber is 4mm. Was thinking of a 3mm Acrylic or a 2 or 3mm Herbies.
 
inside the pad there are visible rings. I used them for measuring when trimming for size. The 2nd ring made the tips wide enough to slip over the existing feet.
 
I just replaced the feet on my SL1300.I took a chance and ordered a generic set off amazon.
CAN$ 25.49...

The feet fit perfectly, I did have to go to the hardware store to acquire slightly longer bolts (1" long) with matching nuts. I also enlarged the bolt holes by 1 size. But looking back, I could simple have bought bolts that were 1 size smaller and not have to oversize the existing holes. Oh well.

Really happy with the feet, They work well, they also added a little pizzazz to the bottom of the turntable.

Theres a small rubber pad on the top of the feet and a thick rubber ring on the bottom.


20250908_224346.jpg
New feet installed


20250908_201430.jpg
Old wornout feet beside the new feet

20250908_203135.jpg
Old feet were absolutely useless, my turntable just sat on the plastic

20250908_203211.jpg
Much better now.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom