• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Help with Zenith tube console.

racfan9

Super Member
Good Morning…I picked up this console a couple days ago for $20 but the back panel was missing which is normally where you find the model number. So if anyone out there recognizes it please let me know. It seems to be higher end model.

Thanks,
Racfan9
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7423.jpeg
    IMG_7423.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 25
Register to hide this ad
Thanks guys, that’s the one. I haven’t really had a chance to look it over. I picked it up and took it straight over to my mother-ln-laws to store for now. Might be a fun project once I get everything finished up on my CG that I’m currently working on.
 
Its got the right styling if its that one, should be an easy sell. I have to admit to liking the styling myself.
 
I know someone who owns one or similar model they use for a showpiece in their living room. They acquired it caring less about if the equipment worked or not, they wanted it for the furniture aspect and design.

Understated "MCM" vibe, nice craftsmanship, solid build quality, the way they have it set up with their flat screen on top looks really nice.
 
It vaguely looks like the JBL Minigon speaker system ... a popular MCM design.


image-asset.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I've said elsewhere but I'd love to hear one of those. Have been told they don't sound very good, but they sure do look great.
 
I've said elsewhere but I'd love to hear one of those. Have been told they don't sound very good, but they sure do look great.
Our record store had a pair for sale in the used hi-fi section a few years ago. I never got to hear them, but the owner played around with them a bit and said that he thought they sounded best when separated and stood vertically with the tweets firing downward. Go figure.
 
Back
Top Bottom