• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

(HELP) Yamaha CR-820 blown lamps

Boston Tom

Active Member
Hi All,
Just grabbed this CR-820 for short $$ but as I was doing a few voltage tests to see why lamps weren’t working found that I have .5v across L1-L4 saw that there is supposed to be close to 30v or so. Also the 12vdc test points are measuring 26.5VDC probably not connected.
Thanks for any help.
BT
 
Register to hide this ad
.L2 and L3 will have zero volts AC if the lamps are burnt out.

L1 should read AC voltage -- 15-20VAC

L4 is chassis ground

The 4 lamps are wired parallel-series
 
Last edited:
.L2 and L3 will have zero volts AC if the lamps are burnt out.

L1 should read AC voltage

L4 is chassis ground
Yes I get that. L1 to ground is at .5V AC trying to find the issue transformer is fine as are all applicable fuses.
Thanks
 
Yes I get that. L1 to ground is at .5V AC trying to find the issue transformer is fine as are all applicable fuses.
Thanks
Broken trace or bad solder connection on the PCB.. Measure the AC right off the transformer..Orange and blue wires on the secondary.
 
Back
Top Bottom