• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Herbie's Turntable Mat Group Buy

Just to make sure we're all on the same page here... "PM me for the code" is not the code.

You need to send me a private message and I'll send one back to you with the code.

That is all!

Scott
 
:) Bump! :)

There's just got to be more AK'ers out there that need some items from Herbie's Audio Lab! :yes:

Scott
 
Thanks guys!

The code is good to the end of November folks!

Don't be shy!

Scott
 
My Herbie's mat just arrived here at the office. Shipping was incredibly quick, and the customer service provided by Steve Herbelin has been exceptional.

I'm looking forward to giving the mat a spin (or 10,000) tomorrow.
 
Got mine yesterday and trying it out right now. I *think* I am hearing tighter and deeper bass and lower noise floor... but will post more when I have listened to several more records -- especially ones I'm more familiar with. I may do some a-b testing but that is kind of a pita. :)
 
I spun some LPs for about two hours yesterday.

It certainly lowers the noise floor. I'm pleased with this tweak.

Ken
 
I ordered one just today. The 1200 mat is spec'd at 3.7mm, but I got the 4.5 and will bring the arm up to match.

This is my first "tweak" as I already have a rubber mat that works, and I'm spending $ to replace it.

Funny.
 
Ordered mine today, got a 4.5 mm, some big fat dot speaker isolators and a tonearm damper. Can't wait to see what this does to my rig! If this makes anywhere near the diffrence the target turntable shelf did for clarity I am in for a big upgrade. Thanks again for setting this up!
 
Got it all in on friday (4 day turnaround, Fast!) The mat definately lowered the noise floor and opened up the bass a little. Great improvement over the stock mat on my PX-3. One funny thing I noticed is I don't like the way it sounds with my record weight on anymore. It rolls off the highs too much but with it off it sounds great. Looks like i'm going to have to try out a clamp since I do have some records (who doesn't?) with mild warpage. I forgot how heavy my Spectra 33's were trying to put the big fat dots under them! Decoupling those guys from my hardwood floors made a tremendous diffrence in the imaging. For my particular situation, couldnt recommend those higher. Excellent product, and great service!
 
Okay guys and gals, we're getting to the end of the coupon time frame.

I'll be gone next week and won't get much of a chance to check PMs.

So, if you've been waiting for the right time, now's the time! :thmbsp:

Scott
 
Back
Top Bottom