• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

heres something different--kr-9600 made by "TRIO"

Register to hide this ad
theblackknight said:
Its obviously made by kwood, but I havent seen one with that logo. Looks rare. Anyone know anything about it?:scratch2:--"TRIO" KR-9600----
http://cgi.ebay.com/Awesome-Trio-Ke...oryZ3280QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Trio is/was the Japanese parent company name that marketed in the US first as Trio then Trio/Kenwood and finally just Trio. At least that is my memory of their ham radio offerings. Possible in other export markets they choose to use Trio at the time that the KR-9600 was also sold here under the Kenwood badge.

Lefty
 
North America calls the gear "Kenwood". The rest of the world callis it "Trio".

The receiver in your link is in the UK, and runs on 240V. I don't see where it is switchable to 120V. Also the warning refers to the unit requiring it be "earthed", not the N.Am. term, "grounded".

It is a pretty unit.
 
TRIO, if I recall my Kenwood history, was in regards to the three brothers that got the company going.

Conflict of Copyright with TRIO, and I think H/K or a similar co. using it for tube amps back a bit, resulted in the Kenwood name.

I'm sorry I don't have the link to the page I got that from.

Best regards,

Paul
 
Trio KR-9600 in the House !!

Trio / Kenwood products sold in the UK through the 70's and early 80's were always branded "Trio", after this they changed to the Kenwood name.

As a relatively poor student back in 78 all I could afford was the Trio KR-4070, but I really lusted after the KR-9600. Been looking for one on UK eBay for the last 3 years without any luck - they are obviously FAR rarer in the UK than the USA. :tears:

When the one referred to in this thread came up for sale I had to make a fairly quick decision, if I waited too long someone else may have hit the BIN. Hmmm.... £295 (approx. $575) is a LOT more than they go for in the States, but as it was the first UK one I had seen in 3 years of looking, and as it appeared to be in very good condition.... well I think you can guess what happened next. :banana: :banana: :banana:

It arrived safely yesterday, no dents or scratches. Not quite 100% mint cosmetically, but will be very pretty when I've tidied it up properly. I've not had the time to power it up yet - will pop the covers first to check that everything looks as it should, then check DC offset before risking any speakers.

Will post details later of how I get on.

- Richard B.
 
Back
Top Bottom