• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Heresy IVs vs Cornwall IVs

Colleton

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I've owned a pair of Heresy IVs for several years now. They're my main speakers and I love them.

That said...

I keep thinking that a new pair of Cornwall IVs might sound better. I'm wanting something with that Klipsch Heritage sound, but with more base. I have the cash and am ready to buy, but just think I'm chasing diminishing returns with this. Thoughts?
 
Register to hide this ad
I've owned a pair of Heresy IVs for several years now. They're my main speakers and I love them.
That said...
I keep thinking that a new pair of Cornwall IVs might sound better. I'm wanting something with that Klipsch Heritage sound, but with more base. I have the cash and am ready to buy, but just think I'm chasing diminishing returns with this. Thoughts?
Get the CW IV if you have the spare change. It delivers way more bass than the Heresy IV ever will have.
 
I’ve seen some great deals on lightly used
Cornie 4’s less than 1/2 Retail
Is a great deal on Current models
And a massive upgrade from the Heresy
 
I went through a similar thought process last year. I decided to put Jantzen crossovers in my Heresy's IVs synced with JL Audio 10-inch subwoofers. I wouldn't trade these speakers for any other in the world.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2213.jpg
    IMG_2213.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Jantzens.jpeg
    Jantzens.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 24
There's a thread comparing the Heresy IV to the Forte III. Forte III wins so the Forte IV should be a landslide.
 
My advice with Klipsch Heritage: Always get the biggest (and, perhaps, newest) speakers you can accommodate and afford. If you’ve got room and $ for the Cornwalls, that’s the ticket; room and $ for the La Scalas, then step it up; the Klipschorns? Go for it! Jubilees?—a no-brainer.
 
I have now heard all the Klipsch latest models accepting the new La Scala with the ported 12 inch woofer and the new Klipschorn. But as of today if I had the space and the money it would be a voiced Jubilee. But as I have neither then it would be the latest Cornwalls. Th new mid horn is better balanced and the over all presentation is much more pleasing than any other Heritage model in a average size room. Jubilees require a large room, great corners, and a thick wallet. Plus a new La Scala as a center channel .
 
Back
Top Bottom