• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hi from foggy London Town

markolexus

New Member
Great forum and I joined because this seems the only place where I might get some help on my horribly complicated Marantz portable cassette recorders which are no longer very well.

Used to use these for struggling around the country interviewing people.

I'm a musician and writer based in London, and am interested in diy audio electronics. Not so much a vintage audio freak per se, but am committed to the valve/tube sound (the heart of my system is a 1963 Leak Stereo 20) so I suppose that does make me a vintage nut.
 
Register to hide this ad
hello there, london! welcome to AK. i'm also pretty new here.
great place! (london too, i'm sure).
 
Welcome to AK, markolexus! Be sure to post good pics of your decks, and buy modge a pint of Marstons Bitter if you get the chance. :beerchug:
 
Welcome from across the pond!
Regards,
Jim
 
Welcome.
I have been a big fan of Marantz PMD portable variable-pitch 3 head decks for a long time. Mine were mainly used for radio interviews. Now I am using Tascam CF, but still have a few of the Marantz.
 
Back
Top Bottom