Modbeatnik
Member
Hi everyone,
I'm lurker #59237865 aka Modbeatnik aka Mário. I'm native from Portugal and currently in La Crosse, WI.
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and leave a wish that my future contributions will be fruitful to the community.
So a little about my audio background... Listening to music is and always was, the thing I most enjoyed in my life. I was fortunate to have older brothers and sisters with record collections, and a mother who loved music and always had the radio on throughout the day.
As I grew up I started to amass my music collection, mainly made of vinyl records, and went through a few of turntables, amplifiers, cd players and speakers that I enjoyed over the years. The aim always was to improve my listening experience, so I've upgraded my system, not the from specs on the different components but on how they improved my listening experience (I know that better specs usually mean better listening but thats not usually the case, as I found out when I swapped my Cambridge Audio 640A for a small Kenwood KA-1600B).
Fast forward to current day, I found myself with no audio system. Soon will open a thread to pry the community mind on what direction to go with my current budget (does this thread belong to General Audio Discussion or Dollars and Sense?).
Thank you all before hand for the information you've shared with me over the years while I was lurking the forum.
A lurker no more,
Mário
I'm lurker #59237865 aka Modbeatnik aka Mário. I'm native from Portugal and currently in La Crosse, WI.
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and leave a wish that my future contributions will be fruitful to the community.
So a little about my audio background... Listening to music is and always was, the thing I most enjoyed in my life. I was fortunate to have older brothers and sisters with record collections, and a mother who loved music and always had the radio on throughout the day.
As I grew up I started to amass my music collection, mainly made of vinyl records, and went through a few of turntables, amplifiers, cd players and speakers that I enjoyed over the years. The aim always was to improve my listening experience, so I've upgraded my system, not the from specs on the different components but on how they improved my listening experience (I know that better specs usually mean better listening but thats not usually the case, as I found out when I swapped my Cambridge Audio 640A for a small Kenwood KA-1600B).
Fast forward to current day, I found myself with no audio system. Soon will open a thread to pry the community mind on what direction to go with my current budget (does this thread belong to General Audio Discussion or Dollars and Sense?).
Thank you all before hand for the information you've shared with me over the years while I was lurking the forum.
A lurker no more,
Mário
