• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Hifi 1942 style

Register to hide this ad
Probably can be, though it looks like you will need to add a driver stage. I don't see anything to do that job. It may have a transformer for the phase inverter, or not. Really you'd need the schematic to figure out what portion is missing.
 
You are probably right about not altering it battradio. I think that it is from a 22h699 but maybe wrong, I'm not very knowledgable on radios. Here's a pic of the field coil speakers, they look ahead of there time for 1942. Pio, I looked carefully and this is all I could find.
DSCN2542 by , on Flickr
 
You may be right about the year , , the speakers are of a 1941 or 42 , the amp is very similar to the 16 tube zeniths but would be worth more as restoing a radio.

The output transfomers are on the speakers and not on the amp chassis , also they are not of modern audio quality .

Are there any rectifier tubes on the chassis
 
Geez, I wonder what happened to the rest of that radio.

Judging by the size and the style,it's probably serving as a cathedral somewhere:eek:

Those 6 6A3's (and they all look identical in manufacture) alone are probably worth a small fortune on the SE market.
 
This uses 5X4 tubes as rectifiers, can also use 5U4. All of the 6A3 tubes are original Zenith branded and look to be in good shape but not tested yet. I was hoping the rest of it got bought by someone local (if it was even there) and surface later.
 
Back
Top Bottom