• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HiFi Engine Issues?

santacruztv

Member
Hi there, Is anyone having problems downloading from HiFi Engine.... worked fine for me last week... today I get this message:

Sorry, but the download feature requires a browser that support cookies and has Javascript enabled.

To fix this error:

  1. Check that your browser has javascript enabled
  2. Check that your browser has cookies enabled
  3. Clear your browser history to remove any old, cached files that are preventing proper functioning of the website
  4. Reload the home page and log in to your account again
For further infomation please read the FAQ



I've done all of the above and tried different browsers, pc's etc. No luck



Thanks
Greg
 
Register to hide this ad
i just used it to download a service manual earlier today.
still not working on my end. it won't even remember that i JUST logged in either. chrome and ms edge both are doing the same thing. all prereq are checked.

btw, i don't really care.
 
You guys really need to be part of the vinylengine forums and see what JaS is going through to keep these resources working properly without bots and multiple registration attempts by single entities.

Just follow the rules, all the rules and it works almost all the time. If you aren't registered, good luck as that is what is closed frequently.

Tired of seeing folks bitch about it on ak. ak is not VE, ak is not HFE. go to VE and figure it out from the forums as JaS posts there regularly.


But if you need a manual, just ask.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, same here. They must be having trouble tonight. Firefox, Chrome and Edge. Same message and kept getting logged off too.

I don't see anyone bitching.
 
Yeah, same here. They must be having trouble tonight. Firefox, Chrome and Edge. Same message and kept getting logged off too.

I don't see anyone bitching.
I’ve downloaded a couple today using Safari.

I think it’s helpful if you mention your browser and OS, like @krlill does. A pattern may emerge.
 
Hi there, Is anyone having problems downloading from HiFi Engine.... worked fine for me last week... today I get this message:

Sorry, but the download feature requires a browser that support cookies and has Javascript enabled.

To fix this error:

  1. Check that your browser has javascript enabled
  2. Check that your browser has cookies enabled
  3. Clear your browser history to remove any old, cached files that are preventing proper functioning of the website
  4. Reload the home page and log in to your account again
For further infomation please read the FAQ



I've done all of the above and tried different browsers, pc's etc. No luck



Thanks
Greg
I've just posted a reply about this on another thread - but was having the exact same issue yesterday evening (in the UK). I tried again this morning and it worked first time with, with everything else exactly the same. I haven't tried all of the browsers but Edge on Win 11, which was failing yesterday along with all the others, worked fine. Have another go - hopefully just a temporary glitch.
 
You guys really need to be part of the vinylengine forums and see what JaS is going through to keep these resources working properly without bots and multiple registration attempts by single entities.

Just follow the rules, all the rules and it works almost all the time. If you aren't registered, good luck as that is what is closed frequently.

Tired of seeing folks bitch about it on ak. ak is not VE, ak is not HFE. go to VE and figure it out from the forums as JaS posts there regularly.


But if you need a manual, just ask.
I tried going the HFE forum route first, and my post didn't show up... Fortunately, I was able to find the manual I needed here... guess I should've checked here first. And ya, I have no complaints with HiFi or Vinyl Engine... I'm super grateful for all the work they put in over there and how much money I've saved over the years on manuals.

BTW, I was just able to download a manual from HFE a few minutes ago, so I guess it's back up.

Thanks for the replies!
Greg
 
I tried going the HFE forum route first,
JaS is posting about issues on VE.

Yes, a lot of folks don't look at the akdatabase most of the time. It seems to be time to make submissions to the akdatabase and use it to find manuals. Some brands have good representation.
 
Back
Top Bottom