• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hiya Folks - New Guy From Boise, ID

trouba.dork

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
50 y/o and new to AudioKarma and to vintage audio. In the past couple of months I've cobbled together this setup:

  • Aiwa AP-2600U Turntable
    • Ortofon VMS20E MkII Cartridge w/ new stylus
  • Currently running through my late 90's Kenwood VR-507 (using L/R mains and SW-35HT powered subwoofer) ... sounds great, but recently acquired...
  • Kenwood KA-3500 Amplifier
    • Every knob a scratchy mess ... some RD5 on the way
    • Missing three toggle-switch caps
  • Kenwood KT-5300 Receiver (great aesthetic match for the KA-3500)
I'll be soon hunting for some quality vintage speakers!

Glad to be here,

T.Dork
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to the AK Crew.

We all start out with
"bones", but in time
you'll have a better
idea of what y'all
want to end up with.

Take your time and
maybe $splurge a bit
on the speakers...

the "heart" of
your intended
audio system!


Q
 
Last edited:
Welcome. I remember meeting a young first nations lady from Kalispell Montana at the Boise market about twenty years ago. She was selling fresh huckleberries for $10 a quart. They ruined any future berries for me. They were the best berries I ever had by a long shot.
 
Welcome. I remember meeting a young first nations lady from Kalispell Montana at the Boise market about twenty years ago. She was selling fresh huckleberries for $10 a quart. They ruined any future berries for me. They were the best berries I ever had by a long shot.
Same experience here with fresh. Fresh is the standard.
 
Back
Top Bottom