• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HK 930 Wood Case Screws?

milo63

Everett, WA
Subscriber
I just finished fixing a 930 that came without the wood case screws, everything in my bucket-o-bolts seems too big or too small.
They seem to be machine screws, any help would be appreciated.
Tomorrow I go to ACE Hardware and try to find the best option.
 
Register to hide this ad
Try a screw from a 330 or 430, I think the threads will match, then it's just a matter of length for the case you have.
 
Remember the 930 and 630 came from Roland, the 430 and 730 came from Shin Shirasuna... so it is possible 630 screws would work on 930. Just a hint. Let us know what you learn.
 
Remember the 930 and 630 came from Roland, the 430 and 730 came from Shin Shirasuna... so it is possible 630 screws would work on 930. Just a hint. Let us know what you learn.

I didn't know that, I did know however that the 700 series components were from SS.
 
Remember the 930 and 630 came from Roland, the 430 and 730 came from Shin Shirasuna... so it is possible 630 screws would work on 930. Just a hint. Let us know what you learn.

It *seemed* like they were 3mm x .8 but there was only a couple of threads in the sheetmetal base plate. I couldn't find any 3mm X .8 so I used a #6 sheetmetal screw with a washer on the wood, seemed like a much stronger option.
Now I have a 430, A402 with some kluged repairs that needs love, 630 that lives with a neighbor on long term loan and this 930 that had been repaired badly at some point in it's life. For sentimental reasons the 430 is my favorite.
 
Back
Top Bottom