• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HK A402 v HK 730

geph0007

AK Member
Subscriber
Hi I have an HK A402 integrated and am wondering if there is any resaon sound wise to get a HK 730?? Other then the tuner are they really the same amp and preamp?? There seems to be mixed opinions on this. The 402 was made by Hitachi correct?? Would like to know for sure before I go looking for a 730 for no reason. I have a 430 and it may even sound better then the 402. The 402 seems a little dry. Thanks,KG.
 
Register to hide this ad
I believe them to be identical - but I don't know for certain.

hkA402.jpg
 
Last edited:
Basically identical. The A-402 has a tone bypass option which is the main difference (apart from the meters in one and the tuner in the other). T
 
The light for the power botton is supposed to be a 6.3v 50ma I have a 6.3v 30ma Can I use that without problem?? If i can get at it Thanks
 
Thanks for the pics of the A 402. The power meter is the same as the one in my old Citation 19 amp.
 
Hi I have an HK A402 integrated and am wondering if there is any resaon sound wise to get a HK 730?? Other then the tuner are they really the same amp and preamp?? There seems to be mixed opinions on this. The 402 was made by Hitachi correct?? Would like to know for sure before I go looking for a 730 for no reason. I have a 430 and it may even sound better then the 402. The 402 seems a little dry. Thanks,KG.

The A402 was manufactured by Shin Shirasuna, not by Hitachi. There are components made by other various component makers, including Hitachi.
 
Back
Top Bottom