• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HK3485 volume vagaries

zebra03

All Audio - NO BS
I have a Harman Kardon HK3485 receiver with one of those funky volume controls . A round , lighted control that will turn to infinity if you want it to . Now I was always one of those guys that never turned the volume past 12 o'clock on all my other equipment so this is perplexing . The number on the display shows volume from -80 to +10 . When I turn it on of off , I usually leave it at -36 . The loudest I have ever had it at was -10 . Of course it depends on what speaker is hooked up to it , but just what should I consider a comfortable setting for the volume besides my ears ? At -10 it was not distorted .

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/540399634
 
Register to hide this ad
I always felt 12 0'clock was max and safe volume for msot equipment . What is considered "12o'clock " for the HK 3485 ?
 
Back
Top Bottom