• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Holy Jumpin' Jesus on the Cross!

I agree wholeheartedly! After having been to Kenya, and seen these magnificent beasts in their natural habitat, I can't bear to see them locked up in a zoo anymore.
Haven't visited a zoo since 1985.

Dave

Exactly which "magnificent beasts" are you talking about?
 
Our local NPR radio station here is reporting that the two survivors are not cooperating with the police investigation and that it appears the three young men were taunting the tiger and may have somehow been responsible for it getting loose. On top of that, after the first guy was killed, the tiger TRACKED the other two through the dark zoo and caught them about 300 yards away, where he mauled them. You think that tiger was pissed-off?! I imagine they'd be pretty easy to track though, just follow the trail of sh**! It is too bad that their stupidity got their friend killed and them seriously injured (and the tiger killed), but now it appears that it may just be a spectacular case of natural selection! :nono:
 
Our local NPR radio station here is reporting that the two survivors are not cooperating with the police investigation and that it appears the three young men were taunting the tiger and may have somehow been responsible for it getting loose. On top of that, after the first guy was killed, the tiger TRACKED the other two through the dark zoo and caught them about 300 yards away, where he mauled them. You think that tiger was pissed-off?! I imagine they'd be pretty easy to track though, just follow the trail of sh**! It is too bad that their stupidity got their friend killed and them seriously injured (and the tiger killed), but now it appears that it may just be a spectacular case of natural selection! :nono:

I'm thinking we have the last 2007 Darwin Award right here.
 
There are two very sad outcomes to this. The first is that someone died. Although we make fun of it (I did too), that's always sad. The second tragedy is that the survivors, whether it was their fault or not, have just hit the jackpot. I'm sure the ambulance-chaser attorneys are lining up outside their hospital for a chance to sue the bejeezus out of the zoo. The only person who will be held accountable for this is the guy who paid with his life. The others will live thru the "it's all their fault...." mentality that prevades the so-called justice system and end up trying to decide to take a lump sum or extended payments......
 
Closing time, hardly anyone around...
Yep they were probly throwing stuff at the big cat. If so, too bad it did'nt get the job done on the other two a-holes. Also it's ashame they had to shoot the cat. Not a lot of these beautiful animals left in the world. Tigers are my favorite big cat. I love them. Anytime that I'm watching the tube and a show about tigers comes on, I watch it. Lions ain't no slouch either.
 
All zoos are cruel and should be phased out and rendered obsolete. Wild animals & humans don't mix well and never will. I've taken my daughter to the zoo when she was young and although we had a good time I felt this way about zoos even then. You can see it in the animals eyes. They are miserable in captivity.
 
I'm not happy about captivity either, but the one good thing about zoos is that some of these species are rapidly becoming extinct in the wild. If sane people can ever get control of the habitats, they can at least be reintroduced. Sorry to take this on a tangent.

Egad. What doofii.
 
Back
Top Bottom