• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hooking another amp with my CR-1020

braincramp

Active Member
I'd like to hook another receiver ( Sony STR-DE197 ) up to my CR-1020 and see if I noticed any difference with the added power. All my components are connected to the 1020. There isn't a pre-out on the Sony. How do I do this? Doe's the switch on the main/pre-out need to be off or left on? Any help would be appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
Using the REC OUT 1 or 2 of the 1020 to any line level input of the SONY (CD,MD/TAPE,VIDEO1 or 2) may work.
 
Which amplifier do you want to use ? The SONY or the YAMAHA ?
 
You understand it's either the power of the Yamaha or the power of the Sony, not additive, right?

And, the difference between 70W and 100W is only 1.5dB. Just a very small difference in the big picture.
 
You understand it's either the power of the Yamaha or the power of the Sony, not additive, right?

And, the difference between 70W and 100W is only 1.5dB. Just a very small difference in the big picture.
No, I didn't know that. How would I go about adding power to the Yamaha?
 
I guess we really need to clarify what your plan is.

If you plan to feed a signal from the Yamaha to the Sony and run a pair of speakers from each of the two receivers then you will have the power of the two receivers. The power of the receiver goes to the speakers connected to it.

But, simply linking the two receivers does not make their power add together to one pair of speakers connected only to the Yamaha or only to the Sony.
 
the question is whether you want more power for louder music or sound quality which is
independent from power. two amps, two different power outputs, 2 different sound quality,
gotta try both with your favorite music.
 
You can't add power period. If you require more power. Buy a seperate power amplifier and use the 1020 for a pre-amp with the pre-out.
The cr1020 used as a preamp alone is not great. I used it that way with my Acurus A250. When I used a real preamp a yamaha cx-2 sound stage, bass response got so so much better.
 
Back
Top Bottom