• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hooking up two sets of speakers into 2 channel amp

grange45

New Member
Well I finally got an amp: Mcintosh mc2125. Just to clear up any confusion: I am planning on hooking up one acoustic research ar6 speaker and ar2a to the right channel and another ar6 and ar2a to the left channel (4 speakers total). What would the easiest way to hook this up? The amp has 2/4/8/16 terminals. A diagram would be awesome. Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I know on the old advertisements it says 8ohms but I don’t know if it’s for the set of speakers or if each speaker is rated at 8ohms. The speakers don’t have the impedance on the label.
 
That would be for each.

If you connect them in series, each set would be 16 ohms.

If you connect them in parallel. they would be four ohms.

In your case, either would work. Just connect them to the terminals on the amp for the proper impedance.

speaker wiring diagram.jpg
 
I had both sets of speakers hooked up to a Mcintosh ma6100 integrated amp and they sounded awesome together. Im just gaga with the ma2125 looks and little more power to push the speakers. I believe when they are both engaged when using the ma6100 they were in parallel and had to switch the impendance to 4ohms on the amp...so Ill go that route. Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom