• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hot Rodded Advents

Register to hide this ad
I saw that auction last night and wondered "Why?" and shook my head.

Actually, I'm surprised he's getting any bids. Most Advent folks wouldn't touch them. Piezo Tweeters????
 
Like Andy I have to wonder who the hell would want em....Maybe someone outta curiosity :dunno:
 
Reminds me of those "improved" vintage speakers that guy was linking his auctions to in here a while back.
 
WEIRED

Too weired for me. . .Who knows they might sound fine but I can think of better things to do with that nice old Advent cabinet, like putting the original drivers back and selling them for twice as much. . . .
 
Hell the first thing I do when I come across a piezo tweeter is disconnect it. Those things are downright nasty sounding. This guy managed to wreck a nice sounding speaker so I can't see why anybody is bidding on it.:dunno: That driver alignment looks downright ridiculous.

Just my .02

Mike
 
Those Advents are ruined, not worth a penny, the dual piezo's are block mounted with the crystal approx 2-3" in front of the mid's voice coil.
What on earth will the impedance be on that speaker?? If all those drivers are just paralleled you will have problems plus the piezo presents a very reactive load to an amp and must be carefully compensated for in the x-over.

Sometimes, less is more

gerrit
 
Last edited:
Well, Mr. "I can do better than Henry Kloss" didn't make his reserve.
If I were him, I'd jump at the $83.50 before someone wakes up.

Sheeeesh!!!
 
Dood... I could see why someone might cut up an old Advent 1 (the cheap version, with the smaller woodgrain-vinyl-wrap cabinet)... I've even done that myself (the 1 cubic foot cabinet was too small for the original drivers, anyway... very boomy and muddy sounding, compared to a real Large Advent, which was 1.6 cubic feet!)...

But, to hack up an actual ORIGINAL Large Advent real-wood veneer cabinet? Whoa, that's mucho bad karma there...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
What you gentlemen need to bear in mind while you're out there dealing with life and its little roadblocks is:

"Not everybody is PERFECTLY NORMAL ............. like us."

Toasted Almond 11 Nov 2003
 
Normal?!? Who the hell got the idea that I was NORMAL?

:lmao: :nutz:

However... I may not be normal, but I am also not an IDIOT either... at least, not enough of one to hack up stuff like this anymore!

:uzi: :stupid: :withstpd: :bash:

Regards,
Gordon.
 
yea, I'm normal -=-=-=-=-=-= abby normal :yes:

Looks like he was trying to create his own Kabuki speakers.
 
I love how he claims they have the low-end 'thump' the originals did.

No friggin way those 6.5's are the lease-breakers the original Advent woofs are. If I was to imagine a box of BAD sound - that would probably be close to what it would look like.

Cheers,
Tinglefutz Happenstance
 
Back
Top Bottom