There have been a lot of threads about how expensive gear on ebay has gotten lately, so here is the story about my latest purchase. Lately, I have become a big fan of Luxman and have purchased a few pieces, tuners in particular.
It all started nearly a year ago when I stumbled on a near mint T-100 at the thrift store for $8. I liked it but prefer analogue, so I began to look around. I soon found a T-310U on ebay for $68, then later a BIC 71/7T (Luxman WL 717) for around $30. Can you tell I'm hooked? Recently, I found a R 1040 receiver at the thrift for about $12, as I recall. When I tested the receiver, I forgot to connect an FM antenna but, still got pretty good FM reception which amazed me because I live in a basement apartment surrounded by high-rise buildings. Now that was a first. Impressed, I decided I wanted a tuner that was from the same era so a few weeks ago, I bid on a Luxman T-88V on ebay. The starting bid was $20. and to my amazement, I got it for open. Another $20. for shipping and I am a happy camper.
Yes, there are still good deals available on ebay :thmbsp:
Clyde
It all started nearly a year ago when I stumbled on a near mint T-100 at the thrift store for $8. I liked it but prefer analogue, so I began to look around. I soon found a T-310U on ebay for $68, then later a BIC 71/7T (Luxman WL 717) for around $30. Can you tell I'm hooked? Recently, I found a R 1040 receiver at the thrift for about $12, as I recall. When I tested the receiver, I forgot to connect an FM antenna but, still got pretty good FM reception which amazed me because I live in a basement apartment surrounded by high-rise buildings. Now that was a first. Impressed, I decided I wanted a tuner that was from the same era so a few weeks ago, I bid on a Luxman T-88V on ebay. The starting bid was $20. and to my amazement, I got it for open. Another $20. for shipping and I am a happy camper.
Yes, there are still good deals available on ebay :thmbsp:
Clyde