• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How can I identify this unlabeled cartige

merkan

Active Member
Hi all, I bought a not working dual. The cartige is there but the stylus is not. However, also there is no any information about the cartige. How can I identify that? How can find replacement stylus for that. Finally, if anyone can identify it can you comment about its sound?

Best.

ps. click to enlarge

one on the bottom:


one on the left:


one on the top:
 
Register to hide this ad
You can still get a replacement for the Excel ES70s cart. It's a conical diamond. The other? no clue.
 
Shure looks like an M91E (or a clone thereof) to me.
 
Last edited:
Sorry Walt but that is a M91E not ED as those, as you should know have the plastic bodies.

Yes, that's right - you can also see the Shure 'Easy Mount' clip that the cartridge clips into, which was on the metal-bodied M91E and M91G, but not the later plastic-bodied M91ED.:thmbsp:
 
My fingers just don't know any better. Won't type what I tell 'em. And after all the times they wrestled with that #$%@! clip...

Now, the interesting thing is that the Excel ES-70 body is almost a Japanese M91E. Nearly the same size and shape. Close enough that an ES-70 stylus will fit and work, sort of, in the M91E or ED.
 
My fingers just don't know any better. Won't type what I tell 'em. And after all the times they wrestled with that #$%@! clip...

Now, the interesting thing is that the Excel ES-70 body is almost a Japanese M91E. Nearly the same size and shape. Close enough that an ES-70 stylus will fit and work, sort of, in the M91E or ED.

Good to know. I never really compared them to that extent though both have passed through here in quantity.
 
It's a shure m75-6s,I have a couple of them ,the m75 has the metal holder and there are plenty of stylus about for them .
 
Montycat said:
...both have passed through here in quantity.
For some reason, the Excels seemed to wind up in Canada. You lucky guys. It's a very interesting little cartridge with some surprisingly high performance styli. There's even a special low-inductance CD-4 variant.
 
Back
Top Bottom