Kreshna
...but I have to know.
I was a little bit curious about the specs of JBL titanium series (JBL 120Ti, JBL 4412, JBL L80T, etc), and what I found is pretty surprising. According to the manual, the JBL 4410 has a sensitivity rating of 91 dB / 1 watt (2.83 V) / 1 meter, while JBL 4412 has sensitivity rating of 90 dB / 1 watt (2.83 V) / 1 meter. What surprises me is that JBL 4412 is the (sligthly) larger between the two; the 4412 uses 12" woofer, while the 4410 only uses 10" woofer.
So, how could it be possible? I thought larger speakers should be more sensitive than smaller speakers, well at least according to Hoffman's Iron Law. So how could the smaller 4410 be more sensitive than the larger 4412?
So, how could it be possible? I thought larger speakers should be more sensitive than smaller speakers, well at least according to Hoffman's Iron Law. So how could the smaller 4410 be more sensitive than the larger 4412?