• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How do I adjust a MANUAL Antiskate ?

CavScout

Super Member
I have an old turntable with an extremely unbalanced tonearm.
There are plenty of tutorials on the Internet on how to make adjustments but I am unable to find a reference to adjusting the type that I have ( see photo ) because they all refer to the Antiskate dial adjustment . Does anyone out there know what my aniskate setup is called and how to adjust it ? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 60
Register to hide this ad
If you can post the brand and model someone may be able to locate or point you to the manual for it which should have instructions on how to adjust it.
 
I have an old turntable with an extremely unbalanced tonearm.
There are plenty of tutorials on the Internet on how to make adjustments but I am unable to find a reference to adjusting the type that I have ( see photo ) because they all refer to the Antiskate dial adjustment . Does anyone out there know what my aniskate setup is called and how to adjust it ? Thanks
Have you discovered anything just by playing with the antiskate adjuster? It looks like its a matter of pushing a lever and seeing whether the needle moves one way or the other.
 
Last edited:
The amount of anti-skaking force is determined by how far along the shaft that weight is positioned. There should be a set screw on it or some other way to make it hold a position. Slide it toward the pivot to apply less leverage or away to add more.
 
The manual for it is here... http://www.vinylengine.com/library/sears-lxi/28668.shtml

Free registration is required if you're not already a member.

Edit: Ha, and DCM beat me to it. Either way the manual will tell you how to adjust it.

Edit again: And interestingly it doesn't tell you anything other than it was factory adjusted. The factory tracking force was 2 grams. If the weight can be moved on the lever then closer to the pivot would provide less compensation if your stylus tracks lighter than 2.0 grams.
 
Last edited:
...or maybe not.

Tha manual says it is preset at the optimum position. It might not be adjustable as I said. The "optimum" would be set to the amount they considered right for the suggested tracking force of the original cartridge.
 
Thanks folks :)

That weight doesn't actually move left right on the shaft at all. It is fixed in that position. The only thing I can think of is maybe that it is to be positioned on the shaft to a certain degree on a 360 scale .
That would be a pain in the ass though because you can only get the screwdriver to that set screw in certain angles.
Perhaps there is another way ?
 
Folks, i'm reviving this old thread because it's the closest thing i can find to my question.

I'm looking for the owners manual and service manual for the Sears 28668 turntable. I just acquired this table and want to give it a proper tune up before running it.

From my understanding, Vinyl Engine downloads have been inoperative for a while now, and i can't even register, so i am hoping a kind soul can email me the pdf's if they have them. Pppplease anyone?

BTW, i did try the Audiokarma link above and it no longer works.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom