• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How do i connect these speakers to my crosley record player

David Upton

New Member

Attachments

  • IMG_20181025_191846.jpg
    IMG_20181025_191846.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20181025_191850.jpg
    IMG_20181025_191850.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20181025_191904.jpg
    IMG_20181025_191904.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 61
Register to hide this ad
According to the picture on the Amazon page of the rear panel, you have very little options. What does the Owner's Manual have to say about them?

Cheers,

David
 
I think the output on the Crosley player is a line level output so you’ll need a amplifier to go in between that and the speakers. You can pick up a Lepy from eBay for the job.
 
I think those RCA outputs are line level. In other words, not speaker outputs. You would need an external amplifier to power speakers.

Ha! OMGCat beat me. I was writing the same thing.

Alternatively, you could use the headphone output, and use a set of powered speakers, like the ones used with desktop computers.
 
I think those RCA outputs are line level. In other words, not speaker outputs. You would need an external amplifier to power speakers.

Ha! OMGCat beat me. I was writing the same thing.

Alternatively, you could use the headphone output, and use a set of powered speakers, like the ones used with desktop computers.
Which would be the more cost efficient thing. Buying some good computer speakers or an amplifier? and if speakers which would you suggest?
 
That depends. If you go used, sub/satellite computer speakers are often on Craig's List for pretty cheap. There are crappy ones and good ones. Something like a Klipsch Promedia 2.1 would be a good find. On the other hand, you could probably find a decent receiver used too. That would give you the option of using other sources too, like CDs, or hook it up to your TV. There are a lot of options. Used is usually the most bang for your buck.
 
How about getting the whole buffalo used. HT or AV or whatever with the speakers included for pennies.
Yep, you need an amp, so...…..get the whole thing as a used package.
If it comes with a sub, all the better. 2.1, 5.1, 7.1 ,,,,whatever's handy on craigslist.
Truth is, somebody you know has what you need and want's to give it to you , you just don't know it.
 
Hmmm OK, I think you need to "stop, plugging stuff into stuff ... before you blow something up! :)

I was seriously confused as to what it is you were trying to do??? Near as I can tell ... it seems you "think" that unit has an amplifier built in that could drive "outboard speakers??"

Near as I can tell, it does not?? If it did ... there would be "Speaker Jacks" on the back of the unit for "external speakers??" It does not have those?? It's a self contained unit the built in speakers can, play an LP or apparently you can use Bluetooth and play "stuff" from your phone on it. It's a "self contained unit" it's not meant to "drive outboard speakers." The video on the link pretty much outlines what it does. It's kinda cool actually.

The RCA Jacks, that I think you are trying to use to drive, speakers??? That is "NOT" what they are meant to do! Your missing "gear" if you want to uh complicate things up as it were. You need a "Receiver" (Tuner, Preamp and Amplifier) all one chassis, or an Integrated amp (Preamp and Power Amp no Tuner) or a Power amp with volume controls.

The "speakers" get hooked up ... to the piece, you don't have and the Crosley using the rca jacks, on the back of it, gets plugged into that piece of gear you don't have.

Have a look here ... you can't get simpler than adding this unit. :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/KINTER-Min...rentrq:aef340e21660ad4b4799f77bffffc785|iid:1

I don't have one, of those but it looks cool. Now assuming that unit does not "need' a "Phone Input??" It would get plugged in where they showing the "MP3" player. And the speakers go where it shows the speakers, on the speaker jacks.

If it needs a "phono Input??" Then a baby receiver/ with a phono input or powered speakers would be the answer. It should say if any input is fine or if it "needs" a phono input somewhere in the documentation uh maybe???

I don't think it needs a phono input but I don't know. At any rate, since it has "Bluetooth" and it is a TT. It is/would be your source for sounds. And most likely if it gets plugged into the "approater hardware" the built in speakers would be "bypassed??"

Hope this sorta clear as I was stumped at first. :)

And if you wanted to venture into a uh modest "Vintage, Integrated Amp ... LOL, the cost of entry can be low ... :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RadioShack...e:g:rgIAAOSwSrxbNmDY:rk:5:pf:1&frcectupt=true

I have a couple of those units ... I bought new! And they still work just fine and they do have a phono input if needed.
 
There is no sound at all. I even plugged them into the rca audio out on my tv

The record player sends the musical signal to whatever you connect it to, therefore it is an output. You don't connect outputs to outputs, you connect outputs to inputs, so you'd likely get sound via the TV if you connect the record player to (one of) the TV's audio inputs.
 
There is no sound at all. I even plugged them into the rca audio out on my tv

Audio Out on your TV is a low level output, intended, like the Crosley RCA audio output (rear panel, next to the power input), to be connected the the input of an amplifier. Neither can drive speakers without an amplifier.

Connect the audio out to the input of an amplifier. Connect the speakers to the output of this amplifier.

Read the User Manual:

https://img.hsni.com/images/content/pdf/510417_UserGuide.pdf

<quote>
Stereo System Connection
RCA Jacks
The RCA Jacks output analog line-level signals and could be connected directly with a pair of active/powered speakers or the appropriate input of your stereo system.

The Red plug connects with the Right channel and the White plug connects with the Left channel.
Note: The RCA Jacks are not designed to be connected directly to the passive/unpowered
speakers
. If connected to the passive speakers, the volume level will be very low.
</quote>

Hmmm OK, I think you need to "stop, plugging stuff into stuff ... before you blow something up!

Indeed. RTFM is a much better approach...
 
Last edited:
You “could” open up the crosley and splice secondary speaker wires to the wires already in place that go to the croselys internal speakers... either disconnecting the internal speakers or adding to.
You WILL get sound to the Aiwa speakers BUT it WILL be low and need amplification.
I modified a crosely a long while back that had no external RCAs by adding RCAs to the internal crosely speaker leads. Then ran the RCAs out of the crosely by drilling a hole.
I hooked the RCAs to a home theater system. The crosely DID play but I had to Jack the volume up (of course) because there was no pre-amplification but it “worked”
Of course also since I left the crosely internal speakers hooked up, it would play through BOTH the HT speakers and the crosely speakers...

Also, funny I actaully have those exact Aiwa speakers... the only parts that remain from the Aiwa all in one (3 cd/tape/tuner) I had circa 1993...

Good luck
Ben
 
Back
Top Bottom