StrychnineCB
New Member
I need a new arm for my TD126. After a couple of nightmares with second hand arms, I've decided to simply buy a new arm and hopefully be done with it.
I have already, a spare armboard drilled for a 3 point rega mount arm.
After considering the RB202 and then reading about upgrades, I realised the final price brought me up into the next bracket of tonearms.
So at roughly the same price point, I'm looking at an Origin Live Alliance, or an Audiomods RB250 kit with all the necessary parts. That's absolutely the limit of my price point, the budget won't stretch any further.
Now, I could just ask your opinions, and I would get some say definitely one, or absolutely the other. But really what I want to know is, what should I consider when deciding between the two arms for myself.
One has knife edge bearings, while the other has ceramic ball bearings? Both have similar anti-skate set ups. Apparently Mr Audiomods fine tunes the arm to suit a particular cartridge? Mr Origin Live brags that his arm will work with any cartridge.
I don't know which features are pertinent. What do you reckon?
I have already, a spare armboard drilled for a 3 point rega mount arm.
After considering the RB202 and then reading about upgrades, I realised the final price brought me up into the next bracket of tonearms.
So at roughly the same price point, I'm looking at an Origin Live Alliance, or an Audiomods RB250 kit with all the necessary parts. That's absolutely the limit of my price point, the budget won't stretch any further.
Now, I could just ask your opinions, and I would get some say definitely one, or absolutely the other. But really what I want to know is, what should I consider when deciding between the two arms for myself.
One has knife edge bearings, while the other has ceramic ball bearings? Both have similar anti-skate set ups. Apparently Mr Audiomods fine tunes the arm to suit a particular cartridge? Mr Origin Live brags that his arm will work with any cartridge.
I don't know which features are pertinent. What do you reckon?