• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How do I make myself deaf ?

qguy

Super Member
How do I make myself deaf ? Sub and speaker phase issues
How do I play all of these at the same time ? (Don't ask me why
biggrin.gif
)

Sealed System with its own 2 channel amp - Sealed 3 way with 12 inch woofers + sealed 15 inch subwoofer - sub Phase is 0

Ported System with its own 2 channel amp -Ported 3 way with 12 inch woofers + ported 12 inch subwoofer - sub Phase is 180

Both systems is run full range with no filters. both sub is powered by its own plate amplifier

When I use the sealed system and add the ported subwoofer, bass is reduced, I need to set the ported sub's phase to 0

If i set the ported sub's phase to 0 to integrate with the sealed system, what will it effects be when I use the ported 3 ways, will it cancel some of the bass of the ported 3 ways?
 
Register to hide this ad
Seeing as you already have all the necessary gear why not give all of your options a listen and tell us what you think.
 
When running the ported system- try blocking the port in the ported 3-way speakers (put something heavy like a rolled up towel in the port), and then see if they work with the ported sub set to 0 degrees. That might reduce the phase shift of the ported 3-ways enough for that to work better.

If you can do that, then you're in business...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Back
Top Bottom