• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How do you change the title under your screen name

Ken Boyd

Super Member
Subscriber
I noticed under my screen name AK gives you a title. I noticed this after my subscriber title ended, and now it has me down as Lunatic Member. It might be fitting but I wouldn't think AK administrators would give out titles like that to long time members. Anyone know how to change that name under your Screen name. Many members have the title Super Member.
 
Register to hide this ad
The title "Lunatic Member" is not something we, the admins, "gave" you. When you were a subscriber, it said AK Subscriber. You could have changed it to almost anything you wished. That was part of the enhanced account permissions granted to subscribers. When your subscription lapsed, your usertitle defaulted to the correct one for your postcount, in your case, "Lunatic member".
 
The title "Lunatic Member" is not something we, the admins, "gave" you. When you were a subscriber, it said AK Subscriber. You could have changed it to almost anything you wished. That was part of the enhanced account permissions granted to subscribers. When your subscription lapsed, your usertitle defaulted to the correct one for your postcount, in your case, "Lunatic member".

Well that's just wonderful, I get a crappy title, unless I pay money! ;)
 
The title "Lunatic Member" is not something we, the admins, "gave" you. When you were a subscriber, it said AK Subscriber. You could have changed it to almost anything you wished. That was part of the enhanced account permissions granted to subscribers. When your subscription lapsed, your usertitle defaulted to the correct one for your postcount, in your case, "Lunatic member".
@luvvinvinyl, is there a list of user titles based on post count? Doesn't apply to me, but it might be helpful to newcomers.
 
Someone once asked me how many years I had been plucking Pheasants....
 
New Member 0-49
Member 50-99
ActiveMember 100-499
Well-known member 500-999
Super Member 1000-4999
Addicted member 5000-9999
Lunatic member 10000+

Is it my imagination, or has the OP been demoted? He shows "super member" with going on 20k posts? Should be something like Insane at that level ...

BTW - can't imagine why somebody would want to change that anyway ... :rolleyes:
 
Subscribers can change their usertitle. If the subscription lapses, the title sticks on what was there.
As for why, people have their reasons.
 
So, I have to subscribe or I'll forever be just a biker? Not the end of the world as we know it, I guess, but I've recently been moved up from biker...
 
I just started a new thread on this topic, then I found this one. I have since asked for it to be deleted.

Funny thing is, when I first joined in 2006 I was able to chose my own title, and I was not a subscriber. Perhaps back then you didn't have to be a subscriber to have the ability.

No big deal, though I would like to change it. :)
 
Thanks, but if I can't change it to something of my choice I'd rather keep it as is than have to have "super member". I'm cool with leaving it be.
 
Back
Top Bottom