• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How do YOU navigate the forums?

Redboy

a few good watts
I hit the New Posts button like a lab rat on crack! :yes:



I also use the Subscribed Threads button under Quick Links dropdown to keep up on threads I've contributed to, and occasionally check specific forums just to see what's going on.

How do you do it? Got any good tips to share?
 
Register to hide this ad
Good question, thought of asking that myself, but have found my own ways. I will let the more experienced answer as they will have more to offer.
 
I'm a crack rat too.. that and the User CP button to see if any threads I've posted to have anything new.. Every now and then I go to a specific forum, but not often..
 
I'm a crack rat too.. that and the User CP button to see if any threads I've posted to have anything new.. Every now and then I go to a specific forum, but not often..
I couldn't be more exactly the same.
But I always have to look to see if a really cool title I just read is in the Mc forum. I don't go there out of respect for those guys. Sometimes I wish their questions were put to all of us, though.
 
I hit the New Posts button like a lab rat on crack! :yes:



I also use the Subscribed Threads button under Quick Links dropdown to keep up on threads I've contributed to, and occasionally check specific forums just to see what's going on.

How do you do it? Got any good tips to share?

Ditto, 'cept I haven't ever subscribed to a thread. :banana:
 
New Post Click clack rat....I don't use the subscribed threads (most places don't want me back!!!)
 
I hit the New Posts button like a lab rat on crack! :yes:



I also use the Subscribed Threads button under Quick Links dropdown to keep up on threads I've contributed to, and occasionally check specific forums just to see what's going on.

How do you do it? Got any good tips to share?

hahaha, that's exactly what I do. :thmbsp:

thus, no tips to share. :o
 
Yep. New post button. I subscribed once or twice, but I was getting too many notifications. PITA. Good I guess if you don't hang around clicking New Posts all the time.
 
I couldn't be more exactly the same.
But I always have to look to see if a really cool title I just read is in the Mc forum. I don't go there out of respect for those guys. Sometimes I wish their questions were put to all of us, though.

A question on ANY part of AK is open to a response from anyone who reads it. Don't think, for even a second, that ownership of McIntosh gear is a requirement for reading/posting in the McIntosh forum.

"..out of respect for those guys"? The Mc guys should respect you for your input, even though you don't own any McIntosh gear. Every member of AK deserves respect, and it is the task of all the staff, including me, to make sure that happens.
 
New posts button as my main access.

However, if you haven't been on in a while, like more than 12 hours, there will be a boatload of threads under New Posts. And, if you don't motor through them pretty quickly, or you have to take a break before you're done, the search results will time out. Then, when you hit New Posts again, instead of 14 pages, or whatever, you'll only see the most recent two.

Then, I use my fall-back method, the Quick Links. Hit Quick Links, then Today's Posts, and you get all the posts from the last 24 hours. Just read through until you get to the time of the last post you read under the New Posts search, and you're all caught up.:thmbsp:
 
I open a new tab (or window) for each page in the search results, so the results are not lost, and don't time out. Then I go through each page.
 
Back
Top Bottom