• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How many new discs do you have on hand?

eljr

Koyaanisqatsi
I have a decent sized record/CD collection. When a poll was taken here at AK a while back I was right in the middle. Some AKer's had more some less.
I always have a few new CD's/records unopened that I have recently purchased on hand ready to open and spin when I feel like it. Always a few in my basket and most weeks a few in the mail. I was wondering, how many still wrapped CD/records to you have on hand?
My daughter was a little upset when I refused her a new DVD yesterday so counted up my unopened CD/records as evidence to help her case. I had 57.
Is this about right?
How many new discs do you have on hand?
I am not referring to collectibles that you will not open.
 
Register to hide this ad
Usually nothing goes unopened here. But I think I have one CD and a brand new Gordon Lightfoot LP that I haven't opened. I was saving those for a gift or something.
 
Usually nothing goes unopened here. But I think I have one CD and a brand new Gordon Lightfoot LP that I haven't opened. I was saving those for a gift or something.

Pix, do you have any of Gord's more recent albums? I am curious as to how it compares to his '70s material.
 
I have about 5 not opened,only cause I fall asleep halfway through a cd

To answer Beans question,Lightfoot's new stuff pales in comparison to his older cds
 
I have about 5 not opened,only cause I fall asleep halfway through a cd

To answer Beans question,Lightfoot's new stuff pales in comparison to his older cds

That's what I was afraid of. Only recently have I fantasized about seeing him live, but he's gettin' on, and I think he was recently hospitalized or something. Wonder how his voice is holding up...
 
Pix, do you have any of Gord's more recent albums? I am curious as to how it compares to his '70s material.

Want the LP? Then you can tell me. It's Salute, WB 1983. Brand spanking minty new, never been opened. Just send a couple bucks to AK.
 
I have about two sealed albums and a few CDs. I'd open the CDs but can't remember where they are in the house. One of the sealed albums will stay sealed..(Neal Sedaka)..:D
 
From the replies it seems Lightfoot was better when young, Sedaka won't be opened and I've got a problem!:jawdrop:
 
CDs and LPs get opened immediately, the few that are purchased wrapped.

I've got a stack of 10 DVDs that I have not yet watched, some still in cellophane.
 
I've got dozens of unopened CD's. My brother was a music critic for a newspaper and he saved many for me as a birthday present.

It's not easy to jump into new stuff. I need to be in the 'right mood' to do so. But it will eventually get done.

'Blow by Blow', what a great album!

Rick
 
I have a huge want list, they haven't been ordered, arrived, or been opened.

I do have a new band saw in the box, someday when I get more time, which reminds me of a quote by John Lennon

" Life is what happens while you're making plans"
 
I have around 14,000 12" Mostly Disco garage and house, 1972 to present

Cd's ? well i dont know, maybe 1000,

Much music on my computer too
 
I usually cruise the used record/CD stores to save a buck, so zero new stuff.

Last new LP was U2's "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb", but it has only one play on it. Wife bought me the CD/DVD package when it first came out.
 
I have a vinyl copy of Hendrix Live at Monterey, but the shrink wrap started to warp so I was forced to open it. Unplayed, however.

I have 17 unopened DVD's, and no unopened CD's.
 
I buy most of my music used, but in the spirit of the questions, I have little to no unlistened-to CDs or LPs around.
I figure if I am amassing them faster than I can take them in, I'm hoarding too fast and I slow down. I buy about 5 new CDs a month and maybe 10 or so LPs.
 
Back
Top Bottom