• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How much TV/radio NEWS do you believe?

How much TV/radio NEWS do you believe?

  • 0%

    Votes: 16 21.6%
  • 20%

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • 40%

    Votes: 13 17.6%
  • 60%

    Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 80%

    Votes: 11 14.9%
  • 100%

    Votes: 3 4.1%

  • Total voters
    74
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is they where probably talking about the other teams news network :rflmao::rflmao:

I watch both for entertainment, flip back and forth, if they happen to be talking about the same thing at the same time it is the jackpot for silliness :crazy::crazy:
Both of those are "news entertainment networks". It is amazing.
 
We do not have reporters anymore, just opinions.

Facts are easy to find but take more than five minutes to research

People used to research things before a news cast, sometimes for days or weeks including multiple journalist's working on the same thing.

Then they told us what they found.

This doesn't happen anymore.

People do not want to work hard anymore.

You have to research things yourself,

Reporters used to research both sides of the story and just report what they found.

It was up to the viewer to decide based on the reporting to agree with one side or the other.

Now we are told which side is right with little basis in any real fact.

I was a news junky for 30 years.

I don't do it anymore unfortunately :( I used to enjoy learning things.
 
We do not have reporters anymore, just opinions.

Facts are easy to find but take more than five minutes to research

People used to research things before a news cast, sometimes for days or weeks including multiple journalist's working on the same thing.

Then they told us what they found.

This doesn't happen anymore.

People do not want to work hard anymore.

You have to research things yourself,

Reporters used to research both sides of the story and just report what they found.

It was up to the viewer to decide based on the reporting to agree with one side or the other.

Now we are told which side is right with little basis in any real fact.

I was a news junky for 30 years.

I don't do it anymore unfortunately :( I used to enjoy learning things.
They are still out there to be found.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sq1
They are still out there to be found.

Sort of, some try but it's still usually easy to debunk half of what they say even if I like the source.

I had many sources I liked but took little of what they said as fact unless I could back it up with my own research.

The consumer is the problem as most just read headlines and not the article and they (media) know it.

people are too busy playing on their phones or how big their TV is to put any thought into what they are being told.

It's our own fault we do not demand better.

People are just getting more complacent and dumber every decade. The last one being the worst, maybe we should make more drugs legal that will keep the population smarter. Ya I said it, if you don't think the timeline of what i just said and how complacent people have become since is just coincidence well will just have to agree to disagree.

I just can't put the energy into it anymore like I used to as most just don't care enough anymore.
 
The funny thing is they (@Poultrygeist ) was probably talking about the other teams news network ...

It was clear who he meant when he said one network that deals in falsehoods more than all the others because only one major news channel disagrees with all the others.

That one has been making constant claims about a particular news item since last week that aren't actually proven by the evidence they cite. The others all lie about different **** from that one, although the same **** as each other.
 
It was clear who he meant when he said one network that deals in falsehoods more than all the others because only one major news channel disagrees with all the others.

That one has been making constant claims about a particular news item since last week that aren't actually proven by the evidence they cite. The others all lie about different **** from that one, although the same **** as each other.
From the middle seats they are both equally jacked up :thumbsup:
 
There are multiple sides to most stories - it is NOT a binary world - either/or.
Big media is controlled by big business. Two dominant American parties both represent big business and as such do not represent the regular Joe. The difference is minimal: abortion rights, gay marriage, recreational drugs, whatever else, these are small peanuts - yes, small peanuts in the grand scheme of things. The difference between red and blue is - very roughly - the kinds of businesses they represent: either fossil extractive "old business" or electronic, information and banking "new business". But in the end it is all about money and power for corporations.

So, it is not binary. It is unary. Or should I say unitary? ;)

P.S. The only time you will see or hear truth from big media outlet is when one big business wants to push out another big business. It is a royal squabble, and the average Joe is not part of it.

If there were people in the, um, media whom I trusted, these were George Carlin...


...and Jon Stewart ("Speculation has been replacing hard facts in News Coverage." - Fox News):


Both of them are not journalists, but comedians. How fitting. I think I'll go and cast my vote for 20% because Comedy Central speaks truth.
 
Last edited:
Sort of, some try but it's still usually easy to debunk half of what they say even if I like the source.

I had many sources I liked but took little of what they said as fact unless I could back it up with my own research.

The consumer is the problem as most just read headlines and not the article and they (media) know it.

people are too busy playing on their phones or how big their TV is to put any thought into what they are being told.

It's our own fault we do not demand better.

People are just getting more complacent and dumber every decade. The last one being the worst, maybe we should make more drugs legal that will keep the population smarter. Ya I said it, if you don't think the timeline of what i just said and how complacent people have become since is just coincidence well will just have to agree to disagree.

I just can't put the energy into it anymore like I used to as most just don't care enough anymore.
I won't matter till the bombs fall, then it matters a lot. By the way, I agree with you, it's a process that's still underway.
 
you seem very not-moderate to me.
One of the benefits/pitfalls of interweb forums.. peoples assumptions about others typically lean to the wrong side (mine included). We don't really know each other, plus you have your built in bias from whichever team you happen to be on :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
From the middle seats they are both equally jacked up :thumbsup:

Both jacked up for sure, but equally? It's easy to see how they get that way.

I think that most could agree that dwelling in one echo chamber or the other can have the effect of embedding ideas more firmly and pushing one further left or right. The erosion of centrist ideals and the normalization of ideas that would have seemed fringe not too long ago produce easily predictable results.

It also seems likely that the more effectively one seals themselves away from the influence of the other side's chamber, the more rapid and complete their journey to the far end of their echo chamber.

Neither echo chamber can be perfectly sealed yet, but I suspect that one is a lot closer than the other.
 
Based on a complaint from a member here, the POLL and discussion is supposed to not be NAMING NAMES in the thread.
So, its cleanup time! I just deleted a dozen or so posts that named specific news networks as pro or con or whatever.

And - on a request from the OP, he has asked we close/lock this thread, as it is going to a bitter end!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom