• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How NOT to clean your records

Register to hide this ad
I could not watch it any more...:tears:

Unbelievable! Made me think of pancakes for some reason?:scratch2:

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
could have been...

Could have been funny if the video was made by a child?

Spoiler: man puts syrup on a record. Actually, it was a stupid video.
 
Last edited:
What a waste of time. Don't bother - it's like watching someone clean their car with sandpaper.
 
:yikes:
:bash: @ myself for watching.

To the OP, you had to expect this kind of reaction from a Vinyl loving Forum.

John
 
Oh, come on guys, it's HUMOR. Very deadpan, but you can't possibly believe that was serious! I thought it was funny, although I couldn't do that myself to any record unless it was already unplayable.
 
I've seen this before. Really funny. I remember watching him cutting the sleeve and thinking what the hell???
 
He did make one very accurate statement, apparently without intending to or even realizing it: he called it a "washed up" record! :D


I thought it was funny. No question that it was meant to be humorous, although his deadpan delivery didn't make it obvious at first. It became obvious when the maple syrup went on, and escalated from there.

I sure hope that record was unplayable before he started, and not just a title he didn't like. To see that done to a good record would HURT! That last comment about doing it next to a numbered White Album was downright SCARY! :D
 
i have washed lots of vinyl in the past .. with soapy water it actually gets all the dirt and grease off them do not use hot water though it will warp them ..the labels don't mind water they dry out just fine ..give it a try with an old dirty record
 
:yikes:
:bash: @ myself for watching.

To the OP, you had to expect this kind of reaction from a Vinyl loving Forum.

John

I really was searching for record cleaning videos and watched a few that showed sink washing but when I started watching this one I noticed he was holding the record with pliers and I was like what in the hell :D It's just a spoof and that kind of comedy makes me laugh. Has anyone ever seen Mcgruber, now that movie cracks me up.
 
Ludwigman - thank you for the link. Made me laugh, something I wish would happen a lot more often than it really does. Subtle and deadpan are my favorite types of comedy - so kudos to you!
 
Back
Top Bottom