• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How old is your McIntosh gear?

dgwojo said:
My MAC 1700 has been going since 1968, a light bulb on the meter went out about a year ago, first part in 37 years according to the original owner!! :yes:

attachment.php
Great looking set-up. What are the tweeters above your Altec drivers?
 
re: Great looking set-up. What are the tweeters above your Altec drivers?

Thanks, those tweeters are just PE planar's, they're way to inefficient at 94db to keep up with the Altec 604-8H's so they're just filling the hole where the original Mantaray horn was when hybrid 421 woofers were in the 604 opening.
 
How old?

My MAC 1900 is SN 1X119. Made about 1974. I bought it from the original owner in 1980. Never had a bit of trouble with it.
I just received it back from the MAC lab. They gave it a complete tuneup, realigned the tuners, replaced all lamps and brought it up to factory specs on all functions. I dropped it off there when I took the GREAT factory tour in August.
Nothing to do now but enjoy it for another 25 years.

Al D'Addario
 
Back
Top Bottom