Craig TD
New Member
Hey there - new in town here and whatnot!
I just picked up a Fisher Statesman console, S-697 (from 1967) I think. We were shopping for something vintage (my lady just loves mid-century modern), and the antique shops around here are just loaded with old vinyl from estate sales, so it made sense to try to get a player matching the age of the LP's.
I found Audio Karma thanks to Google. The Statesman needs a little work. The tuner is in solid shape and pumping out a local station right now. The turntable and cassette player need some love. I'm joining to learn more about what I just did to myself, and how to DIY it into a very happy state. I'm also convinced that it's probably not from 1967. I don't remember cassettes as a kid. They came in the 80's I think
Going to get to know the forum, see if I can find my answers, and then start asking questions in the appropriate places if I don't find great answers here already.
Thanks for reading, looking forward to joining the fun.
I just picked up a Fisher Statesman console, S-697 (from 1967) I think. We were shopping for something vintage (my lady just loves mid-century modern), and the antique shops around here are just loaded with old vinyl from estate sales, so it made sense to try to get a player matching the age of the LP's.
I found Audio Karma thanks to Google. The Statesman needs a little work. The tuner is in solid shape and pumping out a local station right now. The turntable and cassette player need some love. I'm joining to learn more about what I just did to myself, and how to DIY it into a very happy state. I'm also convinced that it's probably not from 1967. I don't remember cassettes as a kid. They came in the 80's I think
Going to get to know the forum, see if I can find my answers, and then start asking questions in the appropriate places if I don't find great answers here already.
