• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HPM-100 Binding Post question

airIck

AK Greenhorn
Hi Gang

The HPM-100 binding posts have a screw-in, spring-loaded connector to trap the speaker wire. One of mine is "frozen open". I'm hoping it didn't get melted in an overload situation but as the "vinyl" does look a little melted on both of them. The speakers both sound same as ever which is a blessing.

I know I can replace the entire crossover assembly but has anyone replaced the binding posts with a 3rd party solution like these that are available on Ebay? I'd love to be able to use some nice banana plugs.

4X Gold Plated Audio Speaker Terminal 4mm Binding Post Banana Jack Plug Adapter | eBay
 

Attachments

  • upload_2023-2-6_15-34-31.png
    upload_2023-2-6_15-34-31.png
    203.8 KB · Views: 17
  • binders.jpg
    binders.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 18
Register to hide this ad
Something like those should work. Keep the post fairly small as it's rather interesting in changing them out and you do have to drill out the opening on the PCB a little bit. I've done a few sets but it's been 15 years ago or so.
 
Back
Top Bottom