• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HPM 40, 60, 100 & 150 woofer care?

RogerDodger1

New Member
I have all the HPMs. I am replacing the surround on the 150 (p/n 40-802) any recomendations where to purchase the correct surround? During my search I see a couple items that I am curious if anyone has tried. A coating for the cones, HPM Restoration Coating Pioneer Beige 60 100 150 200 300 500 700 900 1100 1500 and A coating for the cloth surrounds, AQUAPLAS® Cloth Surround Coating HPM Pioneer 60 100 150 200 300 500 700 900 1100. Any experience using these products? Side note: I am looking for 1 more 40-802a with good cone and voice coil.
 

Attachments

  • 20260219_160018.jpg
    20260219_160018.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 12
  • 20260219_160041.jpg
    20260219_160041.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 12
Register to hide this ad
I have not used them to fix your specific model but have used simplyspeakers.com products to fix many speakers that I have owned over the years. Their FSK-15P, is said to fit the HPM-150. Good tutorials too if you have not done it before.
 
I didn't even realize that there's a restoration coating for HPM woofers. I found it on eBay, is that where you were looking?
neither did I .... My post was asking if anyone has ever used it and how it worked.... I have HPM 40s, 60s, 100s qnd 150s so I got alot of those woofers.
I found the 2 products on ebay looking for a used HPM150 woofer 40-802A.
 
Back
Top Bottom