• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

HU: Magnavox Concert Grand on Big Auction Site

dstroup

Member
If only I lived closer I would jump at it!

$199.00 Buy It Now. Listed about 30 minutes ago as of this post. Looks very clean.

Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, United States Pick Up Only

I have no relation to the seller.

Link
 
Register to hide this ad
Wow, I would jump on that to. I'm no expert on these but as nice as it looks $200 seems like a steal. I'm pretty sure one of these popped up on my local CL but in very rough condition. Is this the one with horns as well?
 
According to the schematic I would say yes, this has horns (see the last photo). I don't know much of the specifics about the Concert Grand...

Looking through some pdf Magnavox catalogs from 1958 to 1962 this looks like a 1961 Magnavox Concert Grand 1-ST800. That said, someone else here might know better than me.

BTW, it looks like the seller does offer shipping, but I can only guess how much that would cost!
 
My apologies! I stand corrected. Looking back through the 1961 catalog it does look like the 1961 Imperial-Italian Contemporary 2-ST233. When the Imperial's center grill is in place it looks very similar to the Concert Grand. I guess I got swept up in irrational exuberance! Still, a nice stereo console for a nice price...

1961 Magnavox Imperial-Italian Contemporary 2-ST233.png 1961 Magnavox Concert Grand 1-ST800.png
 
Last edited:
It's not a concert grand but still a very good and well built console. I think it's still well worth the price. I have one that is a little older and has the eye instead of the meter.

Oh yeah, if you do see a concert grand for sale for $200 just pm me instead of posting it here. :) They have been bought for cheap prices like that but not by me. :mad:
 
Back
Top Bottom