• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Huge Marantz towers

79audioguy

New Member
I'm searching for some information on a set of old school Marantz speakers. They were from the mid 80s to the very early 90s I would assume. It was purchased as a complete "home entertainment center" with a 27ish inch television. The audio section was individual components. The speakers were roughly 6 feet tall with a 20"x20" footprint. They had a single 12, which was partially obscured by a trim piece covering a third of the baffle (vertically) the outer 2/3 of the baffle is all grill. There were 2, 5.25ish mid woofers and a tweeter which I can't remember it's construction type. They were the first "Great" fidelity stereo speakers I'd ever heard. Now 30 some years later, audio has always been a part of my life. I'd like to recreate these classics. But I can't find anything about them online. Please let me know if anyone has ever seen these and even better may have some info on them. Specs?? We eventually canabalized them for other projects decades ago. I remember the 12 inch woofers being the pretty well standard issue 12s like you'd find in fishers or pioneers or technics etc. But I digress. Thanks in advance for any help I will attach a rough drawing on roughly what they looked like.1642284569497663836786538236852.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom