• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hurricane Sandy message

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Subscriber
The past few days many of us have been watching the path and destruction that Hurricane Sandy has caused. We have also been reading the posts on AK from the members who are dealing with the aftermath of Sandy.

At my house we have struggled with the fact that my grand daughter and daughter live in Brooklyn, NY. It was hard for me watching the storm and knowing that they lived within 1 block of the evacuation zone. But this is nothing compared to those of you who are living through this.

I don't know what to say to those members, and members of their families, who have lost everything. There are no words to ease your pain. I can only say that we are here for you, and that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Please be safe,

Nancy
 
Register to hide this ad
Great sentiment, Nancy!! I'm glad to here you and yours are safe, the wind has been pretty bad even in your neck of the woods.

The American Red Cross is very active in this and can use any help and/or donations sent their way.:yes:
 
We have a huge Weeping Willow in our back yard that has been swaying in the 40+mph winds. But we have been fortunate, only small branches have fallen. Nothing compared to the losses that people are facing.

Thank you for reminding everyone about the American Red Cross. I hope that everyone, who can, will help.
 
Thanks for your thoughts guys. We will rough it out ok here, the people on the coast are where a lot more of the loss and everything will be. My grandfather won't even be able to check on his apartment until next week. He lives on Long Beach Island and the only bridge on and off the island is damaged right now.

Send prayers, well wishes and whatever for those who have lost a lot out there.
 
Nancy, where in Brooklyn are they? I can check in on them if you want, I'm in Bath Beach in Zone B
 
Hope that everyone is safe and getting the help they need. I'm donating some money to the American Red Cross to help those people.
 
Thanks for the kind words and prayers. I was in the direct path of Sandy and the wife and I have never been more frightened. We're OK now but I don't know if I'll ever get over having to tell the wife to prepare to leave our home. She called friends and family who all prayed for us and welcomed us to their homes. Right afterwards as Sandy got very close and passed over us the winds and rain died down noticeably and remained so even as Sandy left us in its wake. We lost many roof shingles but the roof stayed on, it was a miracle!

Dave/ChairSpud
 
Back
Top Bottom