• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I’m Indebted to...

turnitup

No, the stereo won’t break the crystal...Oh CRAP!
My dad who died when I was 6. He had a whole young family to bring up, but wasn’t given the option to live - it was simply his predetermined time/destiny. The neighborhoods dads that all rallies around me and helped to bring me up. My best friend’s dad for exposing me to Marantz quadrophonic when I was around 13/14. It launched my passion for music and gear.

Who/what launched you into this obsession/hobby?
 
Register to hide this ad
My dad who died when I was 6. He had a whole young family to bring up, but wasn’t given the option to live - it was simply his predetermined time/destiny. The neighborhoods dads that all rallies around me and helped to bring me up. My best friend’s dad for exposing me to Marantz quadrophonic when I was around 13/14. It launched my passion for music and gear.

Who/what launched you into this obsession/hobby?

My brother that was 10 years older than me,
He came home from tech-hifi One Summer afternoon 1978 with a set of ohm Model H and an sa 500 Technics receiver and technics SL 230 turntable..
That changed my world and made me interested in audio from that moment forward I had all the catalogs from Tech HiFi and several of the stereo magazines and buyers guides..
Then my uncle sold his Sansui QR 6500 quadraphonic receiver and quadraphonic Sony reel-to-reel with top-of-the-line Sansui turntable with a pair of acoustaflex Model 12 speakers to my Parents and that fueled my interest further..
IMG_20190531_164737112.jpg
IMG_20190322_215132500.jpg
IMG_20190304_141009136.jpg
 
My dad who died when I was 6. He had a whole young family to bring up, but wasn’t given the option to live - it was simply his predetermined time/destiny. The neighborhoods dads that all rallies around me and helped to bring me up. My best friend’s dad for exposing me to Marantz quadrophonic when I was around 13/14. It launched my passion for music and gear.

Who/what launched you into this obsession/hobby?

Every one has Someone who sparked their interest in Quality Audio

Let's hear from more people who and how with what speakers and Receiver or Amplifier ?
 
Every one has Someone who sparked their interest in Quality Audio

I don't know. I've been interested in music for as long as I can remember. The first song I can remember was by the Dave Clark Five and please don't ask why that sticks with me:). After that it's been a life long interest of listening and discovering. My main interest is the music. As for equipment.....I have a decent main system and I enjoy tinkering with the odd bits now and again....but I can be just as happy listening to a radio as long as it's playing good music.
 
We all have a tale of how music (and stereo equipment) became something worth pursuing.

Since I was (and still am) the youngest among all my cousins, I watched them all and learned about music, including seeing "A Hard Day's Night in a local theater while 8 years old. My daughter (that's the story) bought me an acoustic guitar when she was almost one year old, and I played (not very well) for a youth group. I've thought about getting one again (35+ years later), and using it to express myself a bit more.

My stereo gear is good, but no need for TOTL.
 
Back
Top Bottom