• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I am looking for some speakers for a Sansui AU-555A......

ACEDECE

New Member
Hi :)

I am looking for some speakers for a Sansui AU-555A. I already have B&W DM601 S3, B&W DM22 and JBL 4412A. I think that the JBL would be the best option but I would listen to opinions and other options. Greetings and thank you very much.
 
Register to hide this ad
you listen to speakers first...find a pair that you like THEN you figure out what electronics are best suited for said speakers.

doing it your way might be similar to saying "i have this set of rims/tires...i need an approoriate car for them"

nope...get the car you like first, then get the new rims/tires for them
 
Hi :)

I am looking for some speakers for a Sansui AU-555A. I already have B&W DM601 S3, B&W DM22 and JBL 4412A. I think that the JBL would be the best option but I would listen to opinions and other options. Greetings and thank you very much.
Hello and welcome to AK! I have a Sansui AU-777, which I think will sound similar to your 555A. Right now I have it paired with a set of AR-4x speakers, and the sound is very impressive, and some music has that "holographic" effect. I've found that to be true with these speakers attached to other of my amps/receivers. I've not had/heard any of the other speakers you listed, so can't comment on a comparison to the AR. I've also found KLH model 6 to be an excellent speaker with any receiver/amp I've owned.
 
..I am looking for some speakers for a Sansui AU-555A. I already have B&W DM601 S3, B&W DM22 and JBL 4412A. I think that the JBL would be the best option

First of all welcome to AK!!

So I'm understanding you correctly you already have 3 sets of speakers, have you tried them yet with the Sansui? as to the JBL's being the best option there's only one way to find out hook them up and let your ears decide.

If the question pertains to will the Sansui (rated at 20 WPS into 8Ω) be enough to run the current set of speakers I would suggest that you check out the specs (sensitivity XXdB) for each set and see what the manufacturer suggests.

What are your average listening levels volume wise? this will help with future suggestions too as how they sound is more important then how loud they can get
 
Back
Top Bottom