• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

I can always look away from a wreck, but why can't I leave these tools be?

brutal

YamaHoarder
Subscriber
Jimmy-rip is at it again listing input power or any other number pulled from thin air for power output on amps he's selling....


http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150330627870&_trksid=p2759.l1259

"Hey there, Jimmy-Rip. How many watts output per channel is this?

I see in the Yamaha sales catalog from 1988-1989, it's listed as 170WPC @8 Ohms. How do you get to 230W or 1300W for that matter? You also list 3600W very prominently in the Title and description several times. Why would you list the input power draw?"
 
Register to hide this ad
Ouch - It hurts my eyes to try and read his ad - give the guy a box of crayons and a coloring book. I'm not going to even go into all the technical goofs.
 
It's a good thing he had them hooked up to his Bose Acoustimass 10 (read the listing, I kid you not) to take advantage of all 230 Watts RMS or 3600 Watts Jimmy-RIP of quality. :bash:

It's like telling your 17 year old son to take out your mint condition Bugatti driving... some people... :sigh:
 
He's doing us a favor! Just using the 2 ohm power ratings for all of us that install car speakers in our homes. I can just feel the distortion.
 
Dear XXX,

Hello,

The answer you are looking for are in the item description (see RMS for different Ohm settings) and in the YAMAHA MX-800U manual page 10. The 3600W is output power not power consumption. All numbers are backed up by the YAMAHA manual that comes with the unit.

Thank you for asking and good luck

Jimmy

So who's going to buy it and then file a claim "not as described?" :scratch2:

I feel for the poor sap that get reeled in by this crap. I surely hope anyone bidding on that is aware what they're really getting.

Makes for a good read, there are at least 6 different ratings listed.

"YAMAHA MX-800U NATURAL SOUND STEREO AMPLIFIER 3600W "
"A Powerful DISCRETE CHANNEL 230 RMS (Output per Channel) over 1300 WATTs!!! "
"(600 Output Watts x 6 DISCRETE Speakers Outputs), will deliver 3200 Watts of WARM NATURAL SOUND"
"170 W / 8ohms, 195 W / 6ohms, 230 W / 2ohms .003% THD - 20 hz - 20,000 hz
High Dynamic Power (Over 3600 W / 1ohms / 1kHz) "

"The unit is part of my Private Collection that was bought Brand New a few years back" :thumbsdn:
"The YAMAHA RX-V1000 comes with the following " :scratch2:

The worst part about e-bay's change to hiding bidders is you can't warn people they're about to get ripped off.
 
Hey man, it's 1,300, err.. 3200 watts of pure PMPO sound right there!
haha.
the sad thing is some catostomidae will buy his claims and bid accordingly.
tal
 
Back
Top Bottom