• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I can't seem to ID these Advents

vinyldavid

Collectorius Giganticus
Subscriber
I looked at the ID'ing Advents thread and this puzzles me.

Here goes:
At my school, there are some Advents. On the back they say The Advent Loudspeaker. They are bullnose, and look like they have VINYL veneer. Did Advent ever make these? They sound REALLY good, and I would like to make a decent offer for them (MAYBE). I don't want to know what to offer, but just what model this is. Anyone know?
 
Register to hide this ad
The Advent 5002, for one, was offered in bullnose vinyl.
The 5002 had "5002" printed right on the back plate as opposed to only "The Advent Loudspeaker."

The identification thread is excellent, but doesn't cover all the variations. For instance, the real walnut veneer Small Advents that I encountered a few years back, but didn't pick up as I failed to recognize just how rare they were.

- JP
 
OK. They sound great and they might just be veneer, but they are really dirty and I only had a 10 second look at them. I will try to look harder tomorrow, as these sound really good and have GREAT bass...
 
I went through that thread pretty throughly....it LOOKS like the FIRST Advent, but with vinyl veneer. OLD style compared to the 5002. Can someone also give me measurements on the large and small advents? These seem pretty small to me, and they are bullnose. Kinda weird, I know, but I have never seen OLD ADvents in person (I have Baby 1's) and just want to know what I am looking at for a change.
 
Getting them is proving HARD. I have been asking for TWO years. I will see what's going on when there is an intermission in the theater.
 
Pull the grills.

Describe what you see.

Is the tweeter a black dome? Or is it a green "fried egg"? Or an orange "Fried egg" on a masonite sqare of toast? Or is it an orange "fried egg", no masonite "toast"?

All but the dome should have a metal grill.


The woofer- is it an ugly looker, with masonite collar? Or all steel?

This will help.

Also measure them.
 
Nope, in a classroom, but I don't want to do anything physical to them that might leave a mark. Those people in the music department don't like me too much, as I ask for all the r2r's, turntables, vinyl, cassette decks, and maybe 2 Conn tube amps (Just found those last night)
 
Nope, in a classroom, but I don't want to do anything physical to them that might leave a mark. Those people in the music department don't like me too much, as I ask for all the r2r's, turntables, vinyl, cassette decks, and maybe 2 Conn tube amps (Just found those last night)

David- cure all that ails you, cure all your woes.

Join the band.


Now get to bed. You don't wanna get caught sleeping in class tomorrow, dreaming about KLHs and Dynacos and Kenwoods and Sansuis and....
 
LOL!!!

I am probably getting excused from classes tomorrow to go work in the theater.
I can't play a thing. Next semester I am taking music appreciation, so I think I will have a greater chance of snagging EVERYTHING once I am actually a member of the music department.

Oh yeah...CAFFEINE: I live on it.
 
Back
Top Bottom