• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I Can't Tell If The Magic Eraser Is Doing Anything?

daza152

Super Member
Hi guys my Original Mr Clean Magic Eraser (ME) arrived today and I tried it on my stylus pushing it softly in to the pad several times, so I am guessing its clean? And should I finish with my stylus brush? Can I over clean my stylus? Thanks guys.
 
Register to hide this ad
Sure. I like to finish with the Moongels. Take a look at your stylus with a jewellers loupe, if possible, you'll see that it is clean.
 
I wouldn't push the stylus into the Magic Eraser.

I usually use my Last stylus cleaner brush to clean/dust the stylus, then use the cueing lever to lower the tonearm until the stylus comes to rest on the Magic Eraser, then raise it and lower it 3 or 4 times. Followed up by Last stylus treatment.
 
Thanks guys, I won't press down on the tone arm again I have it a brush too, now playing Shine on you Crazy Diamond and sounds amazing!! It is new vinyl too, which I cleaned too, now can enjoy it
 
Thanks guys, I won't press down on the tone arm again I have it a brush too, now playing Shine on you Crazy Diamond and sounds amazing!! It is new vinyl too, which I cleaned too, now can enjoy it
What reissue is it?
 
What reissue is it?

I believe it's the 2011? It came with the poster, postcard, and cut off corners inner sleeve, all contained in the black shiny shrink wrap/outer sleeve with the round robot handshake sticker in the centre, amazing sound quality it's still playing end of side 2 :thmbsp: and has the free download with it too.
 
If you can find an orig pressing (in good condition, cause lawd knows we played the hell of them) jump all over it! I have the album you are talking about as well as my dad's original and a few others I picked up along the way. The original sounds a lot better.


I wish Pink Floyd would have had MOFI or Quality cut all the reissues, Division Bell was cut by QR and sounds great compared to the recent others (except WYWH not bad).
 
Last edited:
If you can find an orig pressing (in good condition, cause lawd knows we played the hell of them) jump all over it! I have the album you are talking about as well as my dad's original and a few others I picked up along the way. The original sounds a lot better.


I wish Pink Floyd would have had MOFI or Quality cut all the reissues, Division Bell was cut by QR and sounds great compared to the recent others (except WYWH not bad).

I had a NM original 1st pressing sold it for a 100 bucks...stupid eh.:screwy:
never again will I sell my vinyl unless I've upgraded. :yes:
 
horse-racing-custom-data.jpg
 
Always....:D all jokes aside I will use the ME solely on the positive feedback I see here on this forum, but in conjunction with my AT 607 liquid cleaner and stylus brush to cover all my bases.
 
Back
Top Bottom